After School Wednesday 6 - 11 Year-Old SNOWBOARD
Local Seasonal Programs will be on Sale August 21st, 2023 at 10am.
Please review all restrictions below before purchasing.
This program sells out quickly.
*If your desired day / time is no longer available and you would like to join our waitlist; please email us at email@example.com.
Please include: Child’s First / Last Name, Age, Desired Day, & Skiing Ability. *
The most convenient snowboarding program in the valley, students have the option of taking the Activity Bus directly from school to the Snow King bus stop! Once at Snow King, students of all abilities will explore the mountain and improve their snowboarding and riding skills during the 10-week SNOWBOARD program for 6-11 year-olds. Taught by instructors specially trained for this age group, our progressive curriculum builds on skills learned in prior weeks, with a continuous emphasis on safety, fun, and learning. Students are challenged in a fun, supportive atmosphere with activities, drills, and games to help progress their skill level, regardless of the ability they start with.
Wednesday programs occur on the following dates: 1/3, 1/10, 1/17, 1/24, 1/31, 2/7, 2/14, 2/28, 3/6, 3/13.
All programs take 1 week off for President’s Day Week (2/17 Through 2/23). Before enrolling, please ensure that you/your student(s) are aware of and can adhere to the following:
- Age: Children must be at least 6 years old by December 1, 2023, to participate. No exceptions. If we have questions about your student’s age, we reserve the right to ask for a birth certificate copy. If a copy cannot be provided/age cannot be verified, your student will be removed from the program without a refund.
- Attendance: Please ensure your student’s attendance to the majority of lessons as excessive absence will result in your student falling behind and not having a group to ride with.
- Enrollment Limitation: Due to the limited capacity of programs and high demand for enrollment, please limit (1) seasonal program per student. We may be able to accommodate more than one seasonal program per student, but this will depend on our Waitlist enrollment. If you are interested in enrolling in more than one program, please join our waitlist by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. This helps us accommodate as many local kids as possible.
- Refunds/Cancellation Policy: Upon request, a full refund may be issued prior to December 1, 2023. After this date, refunds will not be issued. In the event of a class cancellation due to weather or community health crises (e.g. COVID), while highly unlikely, we reserve the right to cancel up to (2) sessions without a refund.
- Chairlift Policy: Students in these programs MUST BE COMFORTABLE riding the chairlift without an adult. Instructor-to-student ratios prohibit the instructor from being able to ride with every student in the group (e.g. Some instructors will have 5 or 6 kids and our chairlifts hold only 3 or 4 people at a time). Our instructors will all be lift safety trained and will communicate proper safety and procedures to their students.
Other points of consideration:
- Throughout the season, and especially before going up the lift for the first time, instructors will review lift safety with all students
- Instructors will gravitate toward riding with the youngest/smallest children
- As soon as students/instructors are loaded onto the lift, instructors will visually ensure that all safety bars are secured
- Rafferty Lift and Sunnyside Lift have straps to aid in pulling the bar down. The Cougar Lift does not have bar straps, therefore lift operators and instructors will help facilitate safety bar security
- Student Grouping: Students are grouped by ability. To ensure fairness to all students in these programs, we do not accommodate ‘friend grouping requests.’
- Equipment: Starting the first week of October, you may visit Snow King Mountain Sports at the base of the Snow King Hotel to pick up your childrens gear for the season. Quantities are limited. Seasonal gear rentals will NOT be available online..
- Season Passes: Participants enrolled in our season-long programs will receive a pass valid for the 10 assigned days of the program. Full Junior Season Pass upgrades are available at the earliest season/lowest price of $449 for season-long program participants. Please add resort credits to your children's season pass. This will allow them to purchase snacks and meals from Kings Grill / Cafe during their classes.
- Activity Bus: In order for your student to take the activity bus from school to Snow King, you must sign up directly with the Activity Bus. Snow King’s only involvement with Activity Bus is having a bus greeter walk your student from the bus stop to the indoor meeting location where they’ll get changed and wait for their lesson to begin.
- Additional details: Items such as meeting location, check-in process, gear storage, etc. will be sent in early December, prior to the program start date.
After School Wednesday 6 - 11 Year-Old SNOWBOARD
|Jan. 3, 2024, 4 p.m.||7|